Didcot / Oxford Podiatrists and Chiropodists
Benefit from the expertise of our highly skilled state registered Didcot and Oxford podiatrists and chiropodists near you in Oxfordshire.
As members of the Health Professionals Council they offer a fantastic range of competitively priced foot treatments.
They are expertly trained to diagnose and treat the following foot disorders:
- Callus (hard skin)
- Dry feet / cracked heels
- In-growing toenails
- Tough thickened nails
Looking for an expert Podiatrist in Oxford or Didcot?
The term ‘Podiatry’ can only be used by those registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC), and since all our chiropodists in Oxford and Didcot are registered with the HPC, they are also classified as podiatrists.
Our expert podiatrists in Oxford and Didcot have performed successful foot treatments for hundreds of patients from all over Oxfordshire and have built up an excellent reputation and experience in medical pedicure treatments.
Inside the profession, chiropody is used to suggest the routine processes of foot care, whilst Podiatry is indicative of higher skills and academic levels as a ‘foot specialist’.
Chiropody and podiatry treatment prices
We have ensured our chiropody and podiatry prices are extremely competitive compared to other similar experts in Oxfordshire.
Our prices start from just £25, but for a full list of foot treatment prices please see our fees page.
Professional advice on foot problems & proper care
We are proud to offer some of the very best chiropody in Oxford and Didcot.
Chiropody at the chiropody clinic is a specialist treatment to rectify an ailment of the foot performed by a chiropodist.
The 30 minute treatment consists of:
- Relaxing footbath to start
- Diagnosing the ailment and advising the course of action to rectify (if multiple treatments are required, a treatment plan will be advised to ensure you get optimum treatment for your ailments)
- Toe nails cut and problem nails dealt with
- Corns, callus and hard skin treated
- Rough skin treated
- Cracked heels smoothed
- Relaxing foot massage to finish and after-care advice given so you can maintain happy, healthy feet.
General foot care advice
- Wear sensible shoes. This means avoiding court shoes, slip-ons and high heels. Always buy shoes that fit your feet rather than squeezing your feet into fashionable shoes.
- Wash your feet everyday, paying particular attention to the area in between your toes. Check to make sure your feet are problem free.
- If your feet are dry, apply a foot cream (but not in between the toes), paying particular attention to any areas of hard skin.
- If you have excessive moisture between your toes, use surgical spirit applied with a cotton bud, a couple of times a week.
- Do not use home “lotions and potions” to remove corns and hard skin. Leave it to the chiropodist.
- Keep your toenails at a reasonable length. Long toenails can catch hosiery and dig into other toes. After you have cut them, use a file to ensure they are smooth.
- If you have poor circulation or diabetes, it is vital that you check your feet every day. Minor wounds, areas of redness or discharge, should be dressed with an antiseptic and sterile dressing.
- You should consult our Oxford chiropodist or Didcot chiropodist as soon as possible to attend for regular check ups.
- If you are looking for expert and effective verruca treatment in Oxfordshire then please get in touch as we can help at either our Oxford or Didcot chiropody clinic
Need foot treatment help?
To book an expert chiropodist or podiatrist in Oxford or Didcot, please call our friendly team on 01235 813245.
Chiropodist Treatment Reviews via Google my Business
Chiropodist reviewed by Keith Robinson “I was impressed with telephoning booking arrangements as the Receptionist was very helpful. I had stubbed a big toe many months ago and the part of the nail was now coming off.
I was seen by Pam and although I was her last patient and the premises closed at 7.00pm Pam was not prepared to rush. She dealt with the nail and also checked and trimmed my other nails as well as dealing with some hard skin.
All very professional and reasonably priced at £39. I left at 7.25 pm. Parking at the rear of premises.
I would certainly go again and can recommend the Practice. Thank you.”
“I’ve been visiting the smile practice for years, and I can honestly say that I have seen a major improvement in the refurbishment since the smiles practice has taken ownership, which they put into the building, decor, the equipment and the whole feel of the professional friendly experience you get whilst visiting.
The reception staff are friendly and the covid 19 measures they have put into place make you feel rest assured that It’s a clean hygienic safe place for treatment, I regularly use the chiropodist services, and can say that I’m truly blessed to have an amazing podiatrist Kavita.
She works wonders on my feet and would definitely recommend the Chiropody services here. The smiles practice has free parking with the appointment, available at the rear of the business which is a godsend and takes the hassle out of the whole situation of trying to find a parking space. Y
ou truly get that pampered feeling during and after a Chiropody session and I leave feeling like I have two new feet ! Great team and Business.“
Podiatrist Treatment Review via Google my Business
Chiropodist reviewed by Keith Robinson “Having hobbled into practice I was extremely nervous of the podiatrist touching my foot let alone removing the ingrown toe nail. I was put at ease & the small slither of nail was removed. I danced down the corridor on my way out and had already booked a future appointment.
I would certainly recommend this practice to anyone suffering with similar problems. Looking forward to next appointment.”